27 October 2012

Book Challenge '12 #2

As you can see by my little widget for Goodreads in my sidebar I am now on 38 books out of 50, so not long to go now! I thought I'd share some of my most current reads with you and a small opinion. Most of my book reviews will be going up on the Bloggers Bookshelf blog (not fully running yet) but it will be soon! My first review is on November 2nd :)
His Dark Materials Trilogy by Philip Pullman

This trilogy contains the books; Northern Lights, The Subtle Knife & The Amber Spyglass.
Now I read the first book of this trilogy as a small children of about 10 and never quite got on to reading the next two simply because people said they were 'too complicated' for me and now I do see what they meant. I finished reading these books about a week and a half ago and I literally sped through them. I ate them up rapidly, I absolutely adored these books. They were amazing, full of humour and love, crazy and scary situations and maybe even a 'is all hope lost moment?' and the plot does thicken quite a bit between the second and third book which makes me think, no these definitely aren't for children. The books are wonderfully complicated towards the end which made me enjoy them even more, however there is always a problem and this time it's the overall ending, lets just say I wasn't best pleased. However you could be 30 and love these books or my age 17 and devour them. All I have to say is if you haven't read them yet.. GO AHEAD! Honestly waste no time, they are an excellent read and something fantasy but in a whole new world. 

At the moment I am currently reading  the Artemis Fowl books which yes again are for children but I believe can be enjoyed and loved by people of any age. My auntie is certainly not a teenager and even she rushed out for the supposed last book of this series, this is my second time of reading them and I'm enjoying them even more. Next on my list after this series is the brand spanking new book from JK Rowling which is  Casual Vacancy which I am genuinely so excited to read, I wonder how her writing style will differ with an adults book. I'll just have to wait and see!


What have you been reading recently?
Leave your favorite book reccomendations below! 

6 comments :

  1. Oh, I hate it when the ending is a disappointment! What's a god ending wihout either the world to end or the characters falling madly in love and getting married? I'm currently reading Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts. It' such a good book because the situation and moment is always changing. The author wrote it from his own experiences after having escaped from prison, joining the Bombay Mafia and fighting in Afghan so you can guarantee that the facts are the real deal. Great book so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that sounds so amazing! I'll have to check it out and I know, I hate endings so much :( Specially when they suck beyond belief! xx

      Delete
  2. The Night Circus! It's amazing :-)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'll have to take a gander at it, thank you! :) x

      Delete
  3. I have to recommend Dr Jekyll in case you've not read it already! You liked Dracula so I hope you like Jekyll because I loved it!!! A couple of my favourite books are Kate Mosse's The Winter Ghosts and Markus Zusak's The Book Theif! I adored both!
    Mia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one book I genuinely haven't read yet but I would love to, adding it to my wishlist! :-) I've heard of the Book Thief, I just may have to take a look. Thanks! x

      Delete

I adore getting comments, they mean the world to me because you've read my post! I read every comment I get and I always reply. Thank you guys lots!

If you need to get in contact or ask a question feel free to email me at elle.louisee@hotmail.com!
If you post a comment asking for a 'follow for follow' I will ignore & delete the comment. Thank you for commenting! :-)